Reliable Heating & Air, a member of Comfort Institute (CI), offers complete whole house energy audits utilizing Building Performance Institute (BPI) certified auditors who can identify problems with the whole house thermal envelope including leaky ducts, leaks around lighting, leaks around attic access doors and many other items that can make a home a poor performer.
These leaks are responsible for most comfort problems in a home such as high and low humidity and excessive dust build up. Drafty, cold homes and rooms that are hard to cool or heat are also caused by leaky ducts and improper sealing. The auditor will then compile a complete and thorough report outlining what changes need to be made to increase indoor comfort and decrease energy consumption – saving you money.
There are two types of services that can be performed on your home – complete energy audits and home assessments.
Assessment (Free) – What Occurs?
- Educating the Home Owner: BPI Certified Technician explain how a house works – and the whole-house approach to comfort issues.
- Visual Inspection:
- Attic bypasses, insulation levels, health and safety issues, duct inspection
- Living space comfort issues
- Crawl space / basement bypasses, insulation levels, duct inspection, health and safety issues
Audit ($450 for two-system homes) – What Occurs?
- Includes Everything Listed for the Assessment Plus:
- Scientific Diagnostic Tests:
- Blower Door Testing (tests air leakage of the house)
- Duct Blaster Test (tests air leakage of the ducts)
- Carbon Monoxide Tests (on all gas appliances)
- Written Detailed Report Provided (findings, plus resolutions and efficiency of the home compared to other homes)
Regardless of which course of action you choose to follow, consider having Reliable Heating & Air visit your home today to check your home for the proper performance. Everyone deserves the comfort, health and safety a high performance home can provide. Call Jason Bouchard today at 770-594-9969 for more information or to schedule your appointment.