The air ducts in your home provide a very important function. They circulate the air from your central heating and cooling system into and out of each room, which allows for consistent interior comfort regardless of the outdoor temperature. The air circulating through your air ducts is the same air that you and your family breathe, so naturally you want it to be as clean and pure as possible.
However, a home’s air duct system is often the perfect breeding ground for harmful germs and contaminants that can greatly reduce indoor air quality. If this isn’t bad enough, the duct system also provides the means for these pollutants to circulate throughout your entire home.
It is not uncommon for an air duct system to contain mold spores, mildew, bacteria, yeasts, protozoa, viruses, and other detrimental micro-organisms. These contaminants can lead to breathing difficulties and stale odors. In fact, the EPA warns that the air inside your home could be up to 100 times more polluted than the air outside your home.
The Solution to Cleaner Indoor Air
The optimal solution for cleaner indoor air is an In-Duct Air Purification System. This compact unit attaches to your home’s ductwork to purify the air that circulates within your living environment. It treats the air within your entire home, not just one room.
Using the same energy found in natural sunlight, the in-duct air purifier destroys the pollutants and irritants that trigger allergies, asthma and other respiratory problems. This not only promotes health and well-being, it also helps eliminate odors to provide you and your family with indoor air that is always clean and fresh.
How does it Work?
The in-duct air purifier uses bulbs that emit UV-C energy, a natural component of sunlight. The “C” stands for the specific frequency of Ultra Violet light that alters the genetic structure of germs like bacteria and viruses, thus obliterating them. In fact, many hospitals use UV-C light to sanitize and disinfect.
The UV-C energy produced by the bulbs can destroy even the tiniest micro-organism. In fact, research indicates that 99.9% of viruses and bacteria within the air ducts can be eradicated with effective UV lighting. Eliminating these harmful airborne particles promotes a healthier and more hygienic home.
Summary of Benefits…
- Eliminates sick house syndrome – helps remove harmful biological contaminants that can trigger allergies, asthma and other respiratory afflictions. Treats the whole home, not just one room.
- Controls most odors, including pets, smoke, bathroom and cooking smells. Freshens re-circulated air year round.
- Automatic operation is silent, discrete and cost-effective.
- Uses scientifically-proven technology.
- Solid state electronic ballast provides long life.
- Compact, reliable, and low-maintenance.
- Safe and very energy-efficient – uses only 18 watts of electricity.
- Works in conjunction with any air filter or humidifier you may currently have.
Isn’t it time to stop breathing unhealthy, germ-filled air? Reliable UV-C purifiers are professionally installed in your return duct to safely sanitize the air before it re-circulates into your living environment. Call Reliable Heating & Air at (770) 594-9969 to learn more.